- February 16, 2018 Release of the development data
- April 16, 2018 Release of the evaluation data
- April 27, 2018 (originally Apr. 20) IWAENC paper deadline
- August 1, 2018 (originally Jun. 1) LOCATA deadline for submission results
- August 15, 2018 (originally Aug. 1) LOCATA paper deadline
- September 17-20, 2018 IWAENC 2018 and LOCATA satellite workshop in Tokyo
The challenge of sound source localization in realistic environments has attracted widespread attention in the Audio and Acoustic Signal Processing (AASP) community in recent years. Source localization approaches in the literature address the estimation of positional information about acoustic sources using a pair of microphones, microphone arrays, or networks with distributed acoustic sensors. The IEEE AASP Challenge on acoustic source LOCalization And TrAcking (LOCATA) aimed at providing researchers in source localization and tracking with a framework to objectively benchmark results against competing algorithms using a common, publicly released data corpus that encompasses a range of realistic scenarios in an enclosed acoustic environment.